Wednesday, March 16, 2011

It's Come to This

I keep "blogging" at great length about a Shelley Long movie I saw and then deleting it. Is this what it's come to? Her dress falls off at a fancy party and she sits in a plate of food at a fancy party and she falls down a lot and dips her collar in some soup and sets fire to an enormous fish PLUS her character dies then comes back to life a year later, and it strikes me that your character can either sit in a plate of food OR die and come back to life a year later, you can't do both, you can't possibly earn it, but the main reason I could study this movie forever is because NOT ONE SINGLE LINE OF DIALOGUE RESEMBLES ANYTHING ANY HUMAN BEING HAS EVER SAID, it's almost perfect in its way, and imagine this going on for a thousand more words, can you stand it? That's what I thought.