Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Never Wait to "Blog"

The other day (?) I was watching an Edward Everett Horton movie - he came up in an ADVENTURE TIME: FIONNA AND CAKE meeting in the last week or two, but that was just a coincidence - and the character portrayed by Mr. Horton advanced his idea of... well, here's the tricky part. I didn't jot it down, nor did I prance up the stairs (this house has stairs! And I prance up them!) to "blog" about it right away, and, given that my recent secret sickliness may have jostled my old memory parts in the human brain I've got here, I don't recall exactly, but I think Mr. Horton, or the character he played, who had a mustache, I think, expressed his desire to cross an apple with a grapefruit. Naturally, I was reminded of the time I wanted to cross an apple with a lemon, and the mockery I suffered on that account from McNeil. For those too lazy to "click" here (that's all of you) I will state at least the first of McNeil's reasonable objections, and I quote: "What you will end up with is a sour apple - which already exists." Well, I know Edward Everett Horton wanted to cross something with an apple. More than once in the film (GOING HIGHBROW, I should specify) he stated his intention to invent, likewise, a "squirtless grapefruit." So I'm not sure whether it's a grapefruit he wanted to cross with an apple or if I just think that because he - by which I mean the character he played - was generally obsessed with grapefruits.