Thursday, March 08, 2012

Literary Matters

I see by the old clock on the wall that it is time once again for "Literary Matters." Literary matters are awful and everyone hates them but these are few and short and it will all be over before you know it. 1) Checked out my recommendation shelf at Square Books yesterday. It has sold its 50th book! THE BLOODY CHAMBER by Angela Carter, in case you're interested. You're not. 2) I can't prove this but I have come to the conclusion that THE BALLAD OF THE SAD CAFE by Carson McCullers was directly influenced by KRAZY KAT. Who cares? 3) Maud Newton is coming to town! She and Anya Groner and Michael Bible and I will all be on a panel at this year's Oxford Conference for the Book, March 22-24. I'm not sure what they ended up calling our panel but my suggestion was "Yakkin' it Up: Internet Style!"