Friday, January 20, 2023

Solar Toilet Freakout Redux

To quote TWIN PEAKS, "It is happening again." The last time it happened was 2015. Today, I started hearing a maddening Poe-like tapping noise, the source of which eluded me, until I finally figured out it was the solar-powered frog sitting on a toilet, a cursed figurine first presented to our household by Ace Atkins in 2013. God, it seems so much longer! When will I finally learn that when something is freaking me out it is probably just this frog sitting on a toilet? Over the years, I have moved it farther and farther away from my workspace, so... is the tapping getting... louder? That is a terrifying question for another time. Ironically, the mysterious cadence of the toilet frog's bobbing head distracted me from reading Ace's latest manuscript.