Saturday, June 10, 2023

An Incident Drawn from Life

Yesterday we saw a commercial in which a golf cart mat was presented as the perfect Father's Day gift. A father was so excited by his golf cart mat that he enacted a frantic dance of appreciation. At this point, I remarked, "Your golf cart mat isn't 'all that,' as the kids say." And Dr. Theresa wisely rejoined, "When was the last time the kids said that?" To which I admitted, "Probably when that movie came out," meaning SHE'S ALL THAT (1999). "That's what probably killed it," my baseless speculation continued. But then my brain jumped up in my head! I suddenly recalled, thanks to the fact that I had recorded it on the "blog," the time I was walking around in 2016 and heard a young woman tell her friend that scarlet fever wasn't "all that" as far as diseases go.