Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Wasp Vs. Hummingbird

Raced through the end of the novel REBECCA because Lee Durkee and I were set to watch the movie version last night, which we did. Lee made delicious tacos and I'd like to tell you the secret ingredient but IT'S SECRET. I tell you what. I will hide that information somewhere else on the "blog" like a treasure or "Easter egg" I know you will never find because you are so lazy. Lee promised that if I came over early enough there would be lots of "hummingbird action" and he was not lying. Lee has two hummingbird feeders. One of them has been taken over by what Lee called a "big red leg-dangling wasp." Once again he was not lying. The wasp was so large and brightly colored that when I first saw it I thought it was a hummingbird. The hummingbirds were wary of the wasp and most of them migrated to the wasp-free feeder. I was going to type up some stuff about REBECCA but this wasp story is hot stuff, how can I top it?