Saturday, May 09, 2015

Movie Spoon

It was more than a week ago when we went to the movies and I impulsively chose a container of "Minute Maid Frozen Lemonade" from the concession stand. Friends, the plastic spoon they gave me was a mockery! Now, I am no stranger to plastic spoons. No, I am not as lofty as all that! A good, sturdy plastic spoon is nothing to sneeze at, and may even save a person's life. I am speculating. But I must object to these low-quality movie theater spoons! The handle was so thin and cheap and puny that it bent and threatened to snap each time I attempted to plunge the spoon into the "Minute Maid Frozen Lemonade." I assume they buy these spoons in bulk, let's say 144,000 at a time, and they save a nickel per order by supplying the public with inferior plastic spoons. This is a national disgrace.