Saturday, October 07, 2023

Hearken!

Hearken if you dare to this tale of hubris and madness! That's not what it is. Maybe it's a lesson in patience. Or... you know what? I have no idea. Listen. Just yesterday, I was complaining about how long it had been since I read a book with an owl in it. Now, the current selection of the 2-person book club is FEBRUARY HOUSE. I would tell you what it's about but I'm too tired. Also, there's a wedding anniversary happening over here right now. So I'll just say that yesterday evening... yes! The evening of the same day when I was complaining about my books not having owls in them! Yesterday evening, I was reading about Benjamin Britten and Peter Pears staying in California at the cottage of a couple of pianists... two pianists nicknamed by Britten and Pears... and the nickname given by Benjamin Britten and Peter Pears to these two pianists was... "the little Owls."