Monday, October 02, 2023

He Probably Took a Nap

Got an email from McNeil, which speaks for itself: "In the spirit of the blog's 17th anniversary, I guess, I feel the need to mention that [today], October 2nd, is the 40th anniversary of the time I recorded a Bob Hope double feature off of WDCA in Washington DC (one of the old superstations maybe?): BOY, DID I GET A WRONG NUMBER! and CALL ME BWANA. [Here, some personal details are redacted by the editors in the name of privacy.] As I was pulling up the TV listings for 10-2-83 to verify the jottings I made in my movie recording notebook 40 years ago (verified!), I noticed that the movie WDCA showed prior (at noon) to WRONG NUMBER was I'LL TAKE SWEDEN! So there was actually a Bob triple feature that day...and, AND, when I looked up I'LL TAKE SWEDEN in the tattered, old movie recording notebook, I noticed that I had already recorded it back April of 83 - yes, off of WDCA (cable ch 20). In the movie recording book that was a double feature with ROAD TO HONG KONG. Was it also part of a triple feature? No! They screwed up and showed HARVEY at 4:00 - a film I've never been able to sit through. So I probably just took a nap."