Monday, April 15, 2013

McNeil's Movie Korner

Welcome once again to McNeil's Movie Korner! McNeil got what he thought was a pretty quick rejection for a short story, so he combed through his old emails, looking for a half-remembered rejection of stunning swiftness ("click" here to read about that one). But he came across something else during his search: "In the process of looking for the record for quickest rejection, I ran across an old email exchange in which we were discussing the film Avanti. On May 8th, 2007 I stated that Avanti was not a good movie. I believe I put not in all caps like this: NOT. I was wrong. I saw it last summer (or fall, I can't remember), and it is a very good movie. I wanted that on the record. Please correct the record." McNeil, a man of honor! Not afraid to look deep within himself! Speaking of old emails, I received one from McNeil back in early March about the film BETWEEN TWO WORLDS: "Pretty good. John Garfield was good in it. Sorta petered out at the end with the mushymushykissykissy." This has been McNeil's Movie Korner.