Friday, May 15, 2015

Original Breezy

Hey! Remember when I became fascinated with Clint Eastwood's 1973 free-spirit-teaches-a-craggy-old-sourpuss-about-love movie BREEZY, so much so that there was an ADVENTURE TIME episode named "Breezy"? Well, I don't think enough people have noticed that Kay Lenz - the original Breezy from the original BREEZY - played the Cosmic Owl's "dream woman" on ADVENTURE TIME last night. Yes, I lobbied for that. Here's another trivia fact! M. Emmett Walsh, as you know, plays the Cosmic Owl, so when Kent wanted me to brainstorm with him about some of the dream imagery in the episode (there was a lot of it), we slipped in Mr. Cupcake with a head in one hand and a sandwich in the other, an allusion to a story Mr. Walsh's character tells in RAISING ARIZONA. It went by fast, but I think it made it in! Rounding out the cast last night was Kumail Nanjiani, who plays Dinesh on SILICON VALLEY. Pretty good!