Monday, June 03, 2024

Am I Ready to Be Rich?

Funny email from Ward McCarthy, who alerts me that Warner Brothers Discovery (for whom I ironically [?] work now) is rebooting DINNER AND A MOVIE, a slab of packaging originating in the 1990s. I scoured the "internet" for the purposes of this report, to see if there was any evidence that I was one of the co-creators of that work. "Click" here if you would like to see the single puny scrap of corroboration available anywhere on the world wide "web." I wrote Ward back to ask if he was ready to be rich, a hilarious response on many levels, because once we were greeted at Rob Schneider's door by his faithful yes-man, who asked us, before even introducing himself, "Are you ready to be rich?" We were ready to be rich. Alas, the riches were not forthcoming. I hesitate to say more about the circumstances, which involved a different project completely, except that as we sat around with the yes-man, he would say things like, "Okay! Get this! What if our characters had a GIANT bottle of sun tan lotion? Like as big as a house??????!!!???!!?" But that's another story. The other way my remark was so hilarious is due to the fact that DINNER AND A MOVIE was a virtually anonymous work-for-hire, which we did because the other stuff we were doing was so boring, and the prospect of receiving future monies from such an endeavor is hilarious indeed, resulting in sidesplitting chortles from two old chums such as us, you may be sure.