Sunday, August 04, 2024

Having a Small Get-Together

I was reading in one of these old comic books about all of his superhero friends throwing a bachelor party for the Atom. And here's the thing! All his superhero friends are regular-sized, and here's the Atom at his bachelor party, and he's about a damn inch tall, pardon my language, and he's sitting in a teeny tiny little chair that can zoom around for convenience. But here's the thing you need to know about the Atom... yes, you NEED to know. Get over yourself! Anyhow, although the Atom uses his shrinking powers for the good of humanity, he doesn't HAVE to be a damn inch tall all the time, pardon my language. He can be any damn - pardon my language - size he pleases, up to and including the size of his regular human self. So why is he sitting there like a clown during his entire bachelor party being one inch tall while all his human-sized friends hang out drinking beer and eating cake? That's my question.