Thursday, August 22, 2024

My Proudest Moment

Don't worry, I have lots of "McNeil's Li'l Bogie Bits" on deck and ready for takeoff... two of them, or maybe 2.5 (I'm not sure that "Dooley Wilson was a drummer, and did not play the piano" counts as a bogie bit). But something else has happened. McNeil was moving the contents of some decaying cardboard boxes in his attic to a plastic storage bin when he came across not only a movie script we tried to write together (not the one mentioned previously in "Jennifer Lawrence Admires a Conch" ["click" here]) on stationery from my dad's auto parts store, but a letter from 45 years ago in which I recommended the film HARRY AND WALTER GO TO NEW YORK. McNeil watched (and enjoyed) it for the first time last night, thanks to my 45-year-old rec! It just goes to show you that dreams can be real. Never give up!