Monday, April 13, 2009

Charlotte With An S


Welcome once again to "Charlotte With An S," our regular feature with a name I'm too tired to explain. It's all about our friend McNeil and the adventures he has in his hometown. Here is McNeil's report for today, in his own words: "Today outside a local market, one which hands out free balloons to small children, a little boy in a stroller ahead of me lost his balloon. As it floated skyward I leapt in an attempt to save the balloon, but I could not close my fingers fast enough and the ribbon slipped through my fingers. A split second later, a younger, taller man crashed into me, jumped into the sky, and grabbed the tail end of the ribbon, saving the balloon - much to the glee of the child and the child's attractive mother. I went home and rubbed Ben Gay on my shoulder."