Sunday, August 07, 2011

What's In Today's New York Times?

Hi! Let's find out what's in today's New York Times. There is an interesting article in which Marilyn Monroe is considered as a singer. Speaking of singers, "Blog" Buddy Kelly Hogan is in today's New York Times. There's a feature named "Mixtape," I guess, in the "New York Times Magazine" section, where I guess some dude tells you what he would put on a mix tape, and this dude says Kelly Hogan, man, Kelly Hogan all the way. The song he picks is one we have "linked" to on the "blog" before. Plus he mentions Flat Duo Jets, who are also awesome. The singer and guitarist from that band, Dexter Romweber, played here in Oxford the other night with his sister Sara, who is a drummer. They were great! I never go out of the house, but for that I did. Check out the Dex Romweber Duo! I always like to tell you when there is a Jerry Lewis reference in the New York Times. Today's was a mere passing mention in a story about the invention of the wah-wah pedal. Oh! And I almost forgot Amy Lavere, who was playing bass but not singing at the Ajax Diner that time Joe Matt and Kent were in town. A lot of good dancing that night. Ms. Lavere is in the paper today too. Music ties everything together! And so I bid you farewell from the New York Times. I leave you now with the Dex Romweber Duo: