Wednesday, January 06, 2016

You, Sir, Are No Wienermobile

Yesterday Ace was telling me about this Zippo car, and boy it sounded great. He said it was like the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile! But come on. Today he sent me the picture and isn't it underwhelming? The Zippo part just seems kind of slapped on there. The Wienermobile required commitment! So I don't think this Zippo car will go on my list of things I wish I had had time to include in my cigarette lighter book. But I'll tell you what will. Last night THE BIGAMIST, directed by Ida Lupino, was on TCM. I wasn't really watching it. I was reading a Silver Surfer comic book! But it was on. And I heard Edmond O'Brien flirt with Ida Lupino by saying, "You only like me for my lighter." (I think that's the line. I wasn't really watching.) It fit right in with some paragraphs about the lighter as a Freudian stand-in for the male... zzzzzz. I'm sorry, I fell asleep there for a minute.