Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Mysteries of Life

I've been checking out the "blog stats" again. Robins are still in the lead! But you know what was really popular today? "Click" here to find out! I barely remember it, have no substantial idea why I "posted" it and NO INKLING how anyone could find via my "blog" - it has no title and I wrote nothing to go with it, so how would anyone even begin to search for or discover it here? I guess it's one of those mysteries of life they always tell us about. Hey, here's another one! McNeil sends a news article about a kid who was hit by a meteorite traveling 30,000 miles per hour. "A red hot, pea-sized piece of rock then hit his hand before bouncing off and causing a foot wide crater in the ground." He's okay, folks! It's from June 2009, but that's the kind of news that never goes out of style. Speaking of miraculous things, Dr. Theresa and I just strolled by Square Books and saw a big stack of Barry Hannah's final collection: LONG, LAST, HAPPY: NEW AND SELECTED STORIES. What are you waiting for? Go get it! It has bright blue endpapers he would have loved. There are jets on them.