Friday, February 09, 2007

One For the Road

I have no time for dilly-dallying and "blogging" and such! I need to get on the road. But a moving radio transmission from Mark Osborne demands transcription here: "Walking into the Starbucks in Burbank," Mr. Osborne reports, "I saw just a regular Joe smoking a cigarette using a short shiny black cigarette holder. I have never seen one before this. Thanks to the informative and enlightening nature of your 'blog' I feel like I can now see. Thank you." No, thank you, Mr. Osborne! It is gratifying to think that the "blog" has touched so many lives. But we feel that we must nip something in the bud. Seeing cigarette holders everywhere is both a blessing and a curse! Mostly a curse! We do not encourage the practice. And really, we must ask not to hear of outside cigarette holder sightings unless absolutely necessary. We have enough trouble with cigarette holders that we have seen for ourselves! This would also preclude such phone calls as one we received recently from Brooklyn, in which a well intentioned member of Hubcap City told us that he had NOT seen any cigarette holders in that borough.