Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Chiseling

This time I read twitter and it wasn't about people dying for a change. Thanks to Phil (who coincidentally was "retweeting" my editor at THE BELIEVER, Ed Park), I found out about a "web" site called "The Chiseler." Why, it's right up my alley! For example, now they are displaying the same promotional still for DETOUR I showed you a while back. But wait, there's more! A nice little article on Aline MacMahon, who was so wonderful in GOLD DIGGERS OF 1933, recently under discussion here. That's not all (and remember, we haven't even "clicked" on "Older Posts" yet)! There's a tidbit about a woman who went to see a Cagney movie in 1931 and it shook her up so much she never saw another movie. AND SHE'S STILL ALIVE! Who knows, maybe that new Ashton Kutcher one will tempt her into breaking her streak. Or maybe I'm just feeling optimistic because "The Chiseler" is chiseling away... right into my stony heart, that is! Note to Megan Abbott and Sara Gran: y'all will love it too!