Friday, January 12, 2007

Aqua"blog"


People often come up to me on the street and punch me in the arm in a comradely fashion and accost me thusly: "Say, Pendarvis, you're a big man in the 'blogging' biz." At which I demurely blush and trace figures in the sand with the toe of my shoe. "But what 'blogs' do YOU read for enjoyment?" they persist. Well, there's only one "blog" I consult every single day. It's by a woman in the Washington State area. Her name is Laura Gjovaag and the name of her "blog" is "Bloggity-Blog-Blog-Blog." The thing that I love is this: She has assigned herself the massive project of reading, summarizing and commenting upon EVERY SINGLE SOLO ADVENTURE OF AQUAMAN EVER! There is something so very comforting and satisfying, I don't know why, about waking up at the crack of 2 or 3pm every day and reading one of Ms. Gjovaag's Aquaman summaries. I will "link" here to a recent one that gives an excellent flavor, I think, of what she is up to.