Monday, January 01, 2007

Awesome No More

Just got off the teletype with Jim Whorton, who informs me that a "highly respectable organization" has decided to "expunge the word awesome from the English language in 2007." They dabble in a little expunging every year, it seems, our "highly respectable" friends, and this year "awesome" is number five or so on the list, according to Whorton. I'm sure they have a lot of fun, smoking cigars and drinking port and deciding which words to expunge and giggling and pinching one another long into the night! Good for them! But this couldn't come at a worse time for me! Indeed my whole livelihood is threatened. Can't we all chip in and do something about this? A petition, perhaps? Now a hot water bottle and a touch of brandy and I'm off to a fitful slumber.