Monday, November 16, 2009

Never Too Late For Possum Week


"Am I too late for possum week?" queries the NBIL, to which my immediate reply is, "Never!" So sit back and enjoy this possum "tale" (ha ha ha ha ha ha!) from the childhood of the NBIL: "When I was about nine years old a possum even decided to investigate the steam vent of our dryer. The beast crawled through the pipe leading to the dryer, found a nice warm spot on the lint filter, curled up and promptly died. As my mother carried the poor dead possum out to the trash on the lint filter (which on this older model dryer was about the size of half a screen door and sat directly underneath the drum), I brought up the idea that it might just be playing possum. It wasn't, but my mother still didn't appreciate me bringing up the possibility." NBIL! I can't believe you made your mother carry that dead possum. But that's a debate for another time. Now, one of the reasons that I like this story is that I easily cut-and-pasted it. I am busy for the foreseeable future, and this "blog" will shut down without the cuttable-and-pastable contributions of readers like you. Have something I can cut-and-paste? Why not send it to "Cut-And-Paste" c/o "Writer" Oxford, MS 38655? If I am not too busy I might cut-and-paste it and think of how happy you will be.