Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Watch Out for Hatchlings


"Click" here at once to see the nest of crows just outside the window of Verdell's office. A mother crow is feeding her babies, or "hatchlings," to use Verdell's elegant and accurate word. It's all very cute, but watch out, Verdell! As you know, I have been unflagging in my reportage on the secret plans of crows. I can only assume that the crows are trying to get close to the "Blog" Buddies for some nefarious purpose. They want somebody on the "inside." As I learned from a book flap I once skimmed, "Crows become our guides, leading us off the pavement and into the realms of myth, history, and science, and opening our eyes to the deeply relevant question of our own place in the urban-wild landscape." Yes, sure, that's just what the crows want you to think!