Thursday, September 08, 2011

Football Aliens

I guess lightning struck near a football field the other day and the stadium was evacuated. And the TV cameras caught a UFO darting around over the field! So says a person named "Sheila Aliens" (!) in a youtube video sent to me by my brother-in-law David, in an email titled "Football Aliens." But I looked at it and it's a bird. Sheila Aliens! With a name like that, no wonder she became interested in UFOs. Do I need to "link" to this thing? Probably not. "It's a rod chasing another rod!" someone exclaims about the bird. This makes me think of good old John Aubrey. I took all my editions of BRIEF LIVES back to the library, but I recall a story in it about Sir Thomas More. He was hanging out with his buddies and suddenly he started pointing to the sky and saying, "Wow! Get a load of that dragon!" (I'm paraphrasing.) And everybody was like, "What dragon?" And he was like, "That big dragon right there, up in the sky there! What's the matter with you? I can't believe you're not seeing this incredible dragon!" And pretty soon everybody saw the dragon. And Sir Thomas More was like, "Suckers! I made it up." He was messing with their heads.