Sunday, June 17, 2007

Solipsism Had a Short Vacation


I was just watching THE COURTSHIP OF EDDIE'S FATHER on TCM. Not a great movie, but it contains an enjoyable scene in which Stella Stevens plays drums in a nightclub. After that, I usually stop watching the movie. Anyway, it occurred to me: I really should invite Stella Stevens and Lizabeth Scott to my reading at Skylight Books on Friday at 7:30 pm. I don't know if either still resides in the Hollywood area, but if so, ladies, I do hope that at least one of you will drop by. We have a lot to talk about! In other movie news, director Dan Brown called this afternoon to say that the screenplay for "The Pipe" (based on my short story of the same name) had just won a prize at the Nantucket Film Festival. We were congratulated, Mr. Brown tells me, by the author of JARHEAD and also the actor Joe Pantoliano (pictured), who was so very memorably murdered on the television program THE SOPRANOS.