Thursday, April 24, 2008

Great Minds Think Alike

You will never believe this. But I will tell you. I was talking to Barry B. on the phone. He said, "I can't understand what they're saying in that Bob Dylan and John Lennon video. I think Bob's rambling and Lennon is just being real sarcastic." WHILE BARRY B. WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF EXPRESSING THAT VERY SENTIMENT, I received an email from McNeil. Ordinarily, I would have ignored it until my conversation with Barry B. was over. But the subject header was "Lennon." Do you hear me, people? THESE SEPARATE COMMUNICATIONS HAPPENED JUST MINUTES AGO, SIMULTANEOUSLY. I asked Barry to hold on. I "clicked" on McNeil's email, which read: "I can't understand a thing they're saying in that Dylan/Lennon video." In celebration of this mighty coincidence (and defiance of my own moratorium), I present a much shorter clip in which understandable phrases are uttered: