Friday, July 22, 2011

Sinatra

Okay, so I'm leafing through this stained and tattered copy of JIM MOSELEY'S BOOK OF SAUCER NEWS and it becomes pretty apparent to me that wikipedia stinks and John A. Keel DID NOT come up with the term "Men In Black." Here I find, I do believe, earlier examples! And now I think I've gone crazy because I felt the need to make this correction. What else? Here is part of a caption from JIM MOSELEY'S BOOK OF SAUCER NEWS: "Photo at left shows Andy Sinatra, better known as the Mystic Barber, together with his charming wife Giovannina. The strange devices on their heads are said to be some sort of psychic machines to keep the Space People from reading their thoughts. Mr. Sinatra claims to have made astral voyages to the Moon and to the center of the Earth." It goes on. You know, "googling" will get you a surprising number of hits for Andy Sinatra the Mystic Barber. Speaking of the internet, it's tough on Jim Moseley. The SECOND SENTENCE of his wikipedia bio quotes some dude as saying that Moseley "entertained just about every view it is possible to hold about UFOs, without ever managing to say anything especially interesting or memorable about any of them." Kind of mean! I suppose there is lots of infighting in UFO circles. Don't you imagine that to be the case? Also mean: in this library copy, someone has scrawled in pencil under Moseley's author photo, "What planet is this alien from? (answer on page 77)" - well! I didn't think he looked so bad. Just like a pleasant "square" in thick glasses. But I turned to page 77, and the same person (I assume) had written in pencil, "answer: Mississippi" (which doesn't even seem to be true). Curiously, there is nothing else about Mississippi anywhere on that page. What's everybody got against Jim Moseley? Smells like a conspiracy to me! (Photo at left shows Andy Sinatra, better known as the Mystic Barber.)