Saturday, January 22, 2011

Kent Is Kent

Hey, over at VANITY FAIR they are talking about a brand new movie called UNCLE KENT. "A quietly ironic L.A.-based animator invites a female friend he met on ChatRoulette over for the weekend, which evolves into a subtle roller coaster of sexual frustration, experimentation, and emotional confusion," they summarize. So, the guy who plays the title character - Kent - is our "Blog" Buddy Kent Osborne! They are one and the same! But it is not a documentary, though you may assume from your "blog" knowledge of Kent that this character who shares his name may share some other details with him - like emotional confusion! Ha ha! Not really. Like making cartoons. But that's the way movies are these days! They like to mix up your head in daffy new ways. I do want you to remember that even though Kent is Kent, Kent is not Kent, if you know what I mean. Like, I haven't seen the movie yet, but I think of his irony in real life as loud and cheerful, not quiet! And I honestly don't even think it's irony. I think maybe he is doing that thing I accused myself of doing, yes, sometimes I think Kent is "using the trappings of irony in a non-ironic way" or whatever I said that time, something confusing and ill-put, because that's the way I roll. Anyway, I am excited about UNCLE KENT! PS A "subtle roller coaster"? I kind of like that! But it would be disappointing at a fair. But great in a movie! Unless that movie was the 1977 disaster film ROLLERCOASTER. But great in UNCLE KENT!