Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Final Nail


So Theresa and I were "flipping around" on the "television" around midnight when we came across the credits of a sitcom we had never seen or heard of. I was as amazed as you are that there is a sitcom I have never seen. The cast members' names flew by and I did a double take. "Was that guy's name Brent Butt?" I said. "Yes," Theresa responded drily. "Wow!" I said. "A man named Brent Butt." (I would like to state at this point that this is the final nail in the coffin of "blog" respectability... or "blog"spectability, as it is called in certain "blircles.") Then the title appeared: CORNER GAS created by Brent Butt. That made me laugh, unlike the few minutes of the sitcom we watched thereafter. Perhaps we didn't give it enough of a chance! The plot involved an old man finding a pair of pants on the side of the road, I believe. The show looked homemade, which was interesting yet also troubling. Well, as I said, I didn't give it a real chance. But come on! CORNER GAS created by Brent Butt! Think about it! And yes, I know I'm supposed to be working on my novel. (Pictured, Brent Butt.)