Saturday, August 25, 2007

A Sandwich To Remember

Would you like to eat the greatest sandwich in the world? Why of course you would! Well, then, I recommend the "Big Easy" at the Ajax Diner in Oxford, MS. It is chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, butterbeans, pickles, and something that may be green - I'm going to go out on a limb and say chopped cabbage, or maybe I was imagining that part. But let me make it clear that NONE of those other ingredients I just listed are side items. They are ON THE SANDWICH. Butterbeans... ON THE SANDWICH. Mashed potatoes... ON THE SANDWICH. EVERYTHING I listed is ON THE SANDWICH. And it's not too messy because it is put together with sweet love and consideration. With all due respect to Savage Pizza's marinated chicken sub, which will always hold a place in my heart, the two sandwiches are not even in the same universe.