Monday, October 30, 2006

Weblog

Just sitting here in my pajamas listening to some Webern, as I hear is all the "rage" for today's sassy young "bloggers." And I was thinking, how would Anton Webern go about this "blogging" business? My guess is that he would "blog" selectively! Look into his compositional techniques and I think you'll agree. I mean, look (illustration, left). That's a fairly naked page! I'm not sure about the meaning of those free-floating whole notes at the bottom, but I'm not as smart as I used to be. In any case, here's today's "blogging" tip: Always ask yourself: "How would Webern 'blog'?" If you like, you can put it in handy acronym form (HWWB?)! Bonus tip: Go out and get some Webern! You can listen to a whole symphony in about ten minutes... a must for today's busy "soccer mom."