Monday, September 17, 2007

The Handy Classics Helper


Okay, then, what about this? McNeil called today with a question that I could only answer by consulting my OXFORD CLASSICAL DICTIONARY. This book was a hefty investment, though it's not as big or expensive as the Tim Lucas book on Mario Bava. And see, it's just been sitting on a table doing nothing ever since I got it. So even though Theresa answered the question correctly (yes, the Titans were gods) it was pleasant to crack open the old OXFORD CLASSICAL DICTIONARY and double check. That gave me an idea. Does anyone have any questions about classical times? Then contact me c/o The Amphibious "Blogging" Command Module, Oxford, MS, because I will be glad to look up the answer in the OXFORD CLASSICAL DICTIONARY. I'll be kind of like our dearly beloved bird correspondent, except I'll know about classical things instead of birds. Also, I won't really know them. I'll just look them up in a book. But still. It's something to do.