Thursday, April 24, 2008

I Have a Little List

Ha ha! Wheeeee! My headline is a quote from THE MIKADO. Sometimes I just stink with culture. Whoopee! Just popping in to tell you that I know the next seven books I'm going to read... but I'm not going to tell you! Yes, that's the way it's going to be. I'm flip-flopping again. An unaccustomed sense of quiet modesty has overtaken the "blog." Here's a tidbit to tide you over, though: Theresa is reading WHAT THE DEAD KNOW by Laura Lippman. Last night she pronounced it a good recommendation, my first one in months that has stuck. Finally, I'll "link" to a recording of Shirley Henderson singing "The sun whose rays..." from THE MIKADO, by way of the motion picture TOPSY-TURVY. The amateur video is awkward - completely weird, in fact - but the song is so nice. Shirley Henderson, ladies and gentleman.