Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Search for Stanley Myron Handelman


Phil confirms that - as we guessed - he knows who Professor Irwin Corey was. In fact, Phil will SEE your Professor Irwin Corey and RAISE YOU a Stanley Myron Handelman. He writes: "I was searching Prof Irwin Corey no more than two weeks ago! I wanted to make sure he was doing well after I found out that Stanley Myron Handelman had died (uh, two years ago; reference below). There's no connection between the two, other than in my faulty neural wiring." Phil then provides a "link." If it makes you feel any better, I have no recollection of Stanley Myron Handelman, so I guess I'm not such a big shot after all. I like that he had three names! You never see that anymore. Just Oliver Wendell Holmes and Stanley Myron Handelman. Those were the only two. PS: Hey, Phil, look what I found. It's a "web" site by Robert Goulet's son-in-law, on which he says that he's sorry he and Stanley Myron Handelman didn't stay in touch. There are lots of behind-the-scenes candid show biz shots on the "web" site of Robert Goulet's son-in-law. Here (above) is a picture of Robert Goulet's son-in-law with the actress Gloria DeHaven, for example. It has nothing to do with Stanley Myron Handelman, but what does? Hey, remember when I was only going to use random illustrations from the "blog's" past in order to save room on my computer? Lately I seem to be kissing my noble intentions goodbye. PPS: When Jerry Lewis first came to Hollywood, he had a wild fling with Ms. DeHaven. Here's Jerry as quoted in the Levy book: "I never had fifty bucks in my pocket at one time; now I'm walking around with thirty-five hundred in hundred dollar bills, and I got a starlet on my arm. It's fantasyland." So somehow I brought it back to Jerry.