Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Chicken Is a Bird. Get It?

Somehow I missed this article for a few days. But it turns out, according to the New York Times, and I quote, that "crows and their relatives — among them ravens, magpies and jays... can recognize individual human faces." For the whole article, "click" here. Looking back, I see they're attributing the talent only to crows. Pardon my misleading ellipses! In any case, I thought of how nice such news must be for the Dear Bird Correspondent, because it means that all the birds she has helped over the years probably think of her from time to time. And it was only THEN, I SWEAR, as a SIDE EFFECT, that I recalled my commercial duty to "plug" my upcoming appearance alongside said DBC (real name Sheri Joseph) at the Decatur Book Festival this Sunday. Witness this rare in-person meeting for yourself! Sheri would be the first to say that our books are not much alike and neither of us can figure out why people want to put us on the same program all time. BUT! We enjoy hanging out with one another and do have a secret entertainment bonus surprise, or S.E.B.S., to unveil at our reading on Sunday. I'll be so mad if Sheri "chickens" out. Get it? Because a chicken is a bird! Yuk, yuk, yuk! Whoopee! "Click" here to see the time that the DBC "scooped" the New York Times' on their assertion (above) that jays and crows are related.