Sunday, August 24, 2008

UFO Report


Also in today's New York Times, Dennis Kucinich once saw a UFO at Shirley MacLaine's house ("click" here for details). We don't usually report on "celebrity" UFO sightings (Jasper Johns being a notable exception) so why Kucinich? Why now? Well, we - by which I mean I - are/am supposed to be writing a book review and polishing my syllabus today. But if my syllabus gets any shinier it's going to blind me with its radiant light. I'm putting things off, there's your answer, are you happy? Are you happy now? Are you finally happy at last? This also gives us - I mean, me - a good reason to report that the 1967 Shirley MacLaine feature WOMAN TIMES SEVEN is coming out on DVD next month. As in the case of McNeil's Dean Martin DVD alert, the quality of the material is unknown. But promising! Perhaps we/I will end up enjoying it as much as HOW TO SAVE A MARRIAGE AND RUIN YOUR LIFE (one of the aforementioned Dino movies, with which it shares the theme of adultery). The huge supporting cast of WOMAN TIMES SEVEN includes such "blog" "faves" as Alan Arkin, Peter Sellers, Anita Ekberg, and Michael Caine (subject of Theresa's favorite Madness song). I leave you now with some guy from the youtube doing a "cover version" of "Michael Caine." Happy UFO hunting!