Monday, December 24, 2007

I Misled You, People of Earth

Remember when I said that an excerpt from my detective novel would come out in "the next Oxford American"? Well, I just got the next Oxford American. It's the "sports issue," and I have nothing in it. My story will be in the one AFTER that. I forgot about the intervening sports issue. You should get it, of course. It looks great, with articles from people who have been mentioned on the "blog" before, people like Roy Blount, Jr., George Singleton, Pia Z. Ehrhardt, John T. Edge, and Jim Ruland (about whom you may read in the very first "link" in this "post"). They asked me for something to put in the sports issue but all my brooding produced was a faint memory of Little League, specifically, the day I received my tube socks and couldn't figure out how to put them on. Believe it or not, there wasn't really a story in that! Although now it seems to be a perfect "blog" entry. Tube socks!