Wednesday, October 14, 2009

James Parker Gets Me


Hey, my book - which I suspect does not exist in a physical state, though I can't get anyone to call me back and confirm this because I suppose maybe there has been a gas leak in the building lasting for several months - has been reviewed kindly and perceptively by one James Parker in "The Phoenix" of Boston. Mr. Parker says of my main character, "His state of spiritual concussion... is somehow our own." Spiritual concussion! I really like that. The review is filled with similarly felicitous turns of phrase. Even when Mr. Parker mentions a passage for which he doesn't care, a conversation with a butler, he uses one ("P.G. Wodehouse with his head cut off") that I would be more than happy to accept as a blurb. I mean, I'm not kidding. If only the book would come out so we could stick some blurbs on it.