Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Medium Report


Time for another timely "Media Report," or as we call it on days like today, when but one medium is involved, the "Medium Report." Today's medium is photography. FIRST: my uncredited author photo, which appears at the top of the Boston Phoenix article, was taken by Neko Case. I like to remind everyone because 1) credit should be given where credit is due and 2) I never want anyone to forget that Neko Case took my picture. NEXT: You remember my brother, right? You may recall the time he ate at a condemned restaurant, or the time he attended Michael Jackson's memorial service with Anderson Cooper. Well, someone has given him a camera and now what he does, apparently, is walk around Los Angeles taking pictures of the mournful city in the rain, this misty shot of Kermit the Frog, for example.