Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Sheriff Guy Statue

I know I promised to find out why the guy who played the sheriff in WHEN MICHAEL CALLS has a statue dedicated to him... and I always keep my promises, though I believe you are still waiting for that definition of West Indies Salad I said I would give you in 2006. The name of the guy who played the sheriff in WHEN MICHAEL CALLS was Al Waxman, and he was a tireless philanthropist. And now let me be like my students and quote exclusively from wikipedia (Ha ha ha! Just kidding, students! You're great!): "The Toronto neighbourhood that his starring role in KING OF KENSINGTON made famous, Kensington Market, erected a memorial to Waxman following his death." So, yes, I guess he was in a Canadian TV show called KING OF KENSINGTON. His character's name was Larry King! Why does the statue have red eyes? Look at this person's "blog" for the surprising answer!