Monday, October 02, 2006

Donut Story Reveals "Holes" in "Blog" Security

I won't lie to you, friends, I was all "blogged" out tonight. But as I'm sure you've heard by now, the identity of the anonymous figure in our most recent bloggy type thing has been revealed on a couple of investigative web sites, and the story has been picked up by Reuters. I am regretfully forced to confirm that the donut-eater in question is in fact James Whorton, Jr. If it does turn out that the leak comes from within, you can rest assured that the person or persons responsible will be punished appropriately - perhaps more than appropriately. Whorton, a novelist of deeply humane humor, whose artful restraint conceals an unexpected punch, does not deserve the kind of negative publicity that his love of plain cake donuts has brought down upon his head. But do you want to know something funny? This is completely true. I was on the phone with my friend Barry a few hours ago and I said, "Hey, Barry, what's your favorite kind of donut?" And Barry, lightning quick, replied, "A plain cake donut," just like that! And I said, "Aw, come on. You've been reading my blog!" And Barry said, "No I haven't." Further questioning ascertained the truthfulness of Barry's somewhat incredible claim that he had not been reading my blog for some reason! He just happens to like plain cake donuts and that's all there is to it! If anything good has come out of all this suffering, it is the renewed focus on plain cake donuts.