Monday, October 09, 2006

The History of "Blogging"

Hey, remember a guy named String Bean on the HEE HAW show? Of course you don't! What is WRONG with you young people today in your world of fast cars and computers? String Bean would say "I have a letter right here, close to my heart," and he'd pull it out of his BACK POCKET! Then he would read a supposed letter from home, full of musings. In many ways, String Bean was the original "blogger." Speaking of letters and musings and "bloggings," I'm afraid I went a little "blog" crazy yesterday and buried an exciting dispatch from Rome beneath an avalanche of other urgent thoughts. Dispatches from Rome are a vital new feature of the "blog" and I didn't want you to miss it. Here's today's "blogging" tip: Check your favorite "blog" often! You might miss something and then you'll be sorry.