Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Scarlet "Blogger"

I just want to mention again that there will be no new "posts" for a couple of days now, because Theresa is off to Towson University to talk to the people about four cinematic adaptations of THE SCARLET LETTER. And she has asked me to rise from the audience and rip open my shirt like Rev. Dimmesdale at the appropriate point in her presentation. (She really has. Won't she be surprised when I do?) Now I know that normally I exhort you to buy my book in my absence, or conversely I oblige with a fun activity to pass the time until the return of the "blog." But I think we've all grown past that, haven't we? This time, I urge all "blog" readers to a period of contemplative silence, perhaps coupled with a fast. Trust me, you'll get a "kick" out of it!