Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I Am Guillermo del Toro


"Did you know that you are actually the acclaimed director Guillermo del Toro?" writes Mr. Ward. And I must admit that when I opened the attachment seen here (granted, it was much smaller than it appears here and my old peepers aren't what they used to be) my first thought was, "I don't remember posing like that." But it wasn't me! It was Guillermo del Toro. Mr. Ward takes thoughtful pains to say that I do not look like Guillermo del Toro during one of his periods of weight gain, but then again Mr. Ward hasn't seen me lately. Mr. Ward is distancing himself from the woman handing out samples in the grocery store who proclaimed me the double of Michael Moore. Another admission: Mr. Ward is the second person to say I look like Guillermo del Toro. The other was a writer who worked with Guillermo del Toro, and who said that I both looked AND acted like Guillermo del Toro. Of course, the latter conversation took place at the City Grocery Bar, where one or more of us might not have been "with it" entirely.