Monday, October 19, 2009

Double Purpose Flap


As you know because I tell you every day, sometimes more than once, as a person of learning and culture I feel it behooves me to skim a different book flap every day. Today's flap will fulfill that obligation and perhaps it will intrigue you and compel you to go see Joshua Gaylord read from his new novel HUMMINGBIRDS at Square Books today at 5. For you see, today I am skimming the book flap to HUMMINGBIRDS by Joshua Gaylord. Ten words for you, kids: "popular and coquettish Dixie Doyle, with her ironic pigtails, battles" - a tantalizing fragment! I hope it makes you curious. Come find out what it's all about today at 5. And be sure to tell Mr. Gaylord that "Bloggy" the "Blog" Mascot sent you! (Pictured, "Bloggy." For "Bloggy"-approved items we forgo the "random picture" rule.)