Saturday, February 16, 2008

Cucumatz!


Finally took my own advice and watched FATA MORGANA by "blog" fave Werner Herzog. If you like the phenomenon of fata morgana, this is probably the movie for you. FATA MORGANA touches upon a couple of recent items of "blog" interest. Right off the bat, the DVD menu music is by Leonard Cohen. Pretty soon thereafter appear some things that could be mistaken for UFOs. Brand new to us, however: the Mayan (?) goddess (?) Cucumatz (have I mentioned before that I have no idea what I am talking about?), whose name is so much fun to say. Try it: Cucumatz! (Pictured, for no very good reason, the bird who used to be "cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs" so much.) Good luck researching Cucumatz! When I Googled Cucumatz (there's a nice turn of phrase) I was directed to this video. Why? Beats me.