Tuesday, February 05, 2008

The FBIL's Annotation Korner

Welcome once more to the FBIL's Annotation Korner, a very special feature of our "blog" in which the FBIL annotates things - in this case, our recent edition of "C-Spandemonium!" Untowardly boasts the FBIL: "I'm not trying to make you jealous or anything, but I have been one of those 'drowsing, cross-armed old cranks' in a C-Span audience. Except, I wasn't exactly an 'old crank' at the time. My senior year in high school I participated in Presidential Classroom. [we don't know what that is - ed.] The week I spent in Washington, DC watching our government in action was filled with seminars and caucus groups presided over by various bigwigs. One of the seminars I attended was televised by C-Span. If I remember correctly, it was a lecture by Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah. I don't remember exactly what he said, but it was something along the lines of 'being a U.S. Senator is neat-o!'" Thus spake the FBIL. Have YOU been in a C-Span audience? The "blog" wants to hear from you! Send your anecdotes to "Blog," c/o Oxford, MS, 38655.