Friday, February 08, 2008

McNeil's "Way... Way Out"


Spurred on by the competition from Dan, McNeil has dug up two new, juicy tidbits for this edition of his popular UFO column. First, would you like to hear a "real-life" UFO story starring Jackie Gleason and Richard Nixon? I don't see why not! Then "click" here. "Gleason's ex-wife even wrote about it in her memoirs," McNeil reports. Second, McNeil has reminded me of a HUGE news story from our youth in Alabama. Living as we did on the border of Mississippi, we were treated to a number of local reports about these guys ("click" here) who said they had been abducted by aliens. Nor was it just a regional item. I remember seeing them interviewed on the Dick Cavett show at the time. I seem to recall Mr. Cavett's attitude as being "cute." He was "cute" a lot, I seem to recall, not just with UFOs. Hey, speaking of cute, I should have called this one "McNeil's 'And Away We Go!'" Because that's something Jackie Gleason used to say. And if I really thought about it, I could come up with a "To the moon!" joke. Never mind.