Saturday, February 07, 2009

Oatmeal Tips


I was just standing, like, two feet away from Debra Winger. For real. Crazy! She seemed to be having a pleasant conversation with John Currence and I didn't interrupt. Standing on the other side of me was a graduate student who told me she had an oatmeal tip for the regular "blog" feature "Oatmeal Tips." I briefly stopped gawking at Debra Winger (who looked lovely) to listen to the oatmeal tip. Said the graduate student, "When I'm nauseated I eat a handful of dry oatmeal." I said, "You mean, like... dry?" And the graduate student replied, "I mean dry." Don't forget: we can't vouch for the efficacy of any of our oatmeal tips. We just pass them along. Want to pass along an oatmeal tip of your own? Send it to "Oatmeal Tips" c/o "Writer" Oxford, MS 38655.